These are cut from a pork loin into about 1" slices which are spiced and pounded out flat to make them about 1/2" thick.
For the traditional breading we would use all purpose flour and in the Paleo friendly version of this classic, we use gluten free flour mixed with non gmo corn flakes/corn flake crumbs.
These are the best tenderloins I have ever experienced and I have tasted them all over the country!
Uncle Joe’s (Paleo Friendly version) Pork Tenderloin
1 pork tenderloin (about 3-5 lbs)
Gluten Free (non GMO if available) flour
Non-GMO Corn Flakes/flake crumbs
Eggs 5-8 depending on size of eggs.
2 pie plates
Coconut Oil/non trans fat oil
1. Cut tenderloin into 1” slices.
2. Season tenderloin with Kosher Salt, Black Pepper & Smoked Paprika liberally on both sides.
3. Pound tenderloins into approx. 1/2'” thickness until they are even thickness.
4. Mix eggs and almond milk in a 75%/25% ratio to make egg wash for tenderloins in one of the pie plates.
5. Mix the gluten free flour and corn flake crumbs together in the other pie plate for the coating.
6. Heat the oil in the frying pan so the tenderloins float when put into the oil to fry.
7. Fry until golden brown and put on paper towels to drain.
- Once the tenderloins are cool, store in Ziploc bags in the refrigerator. Eat in the next 7 days and enjoy!
- Pounding the tenderloins even and the right thickness takes practice so don’t be discouraged!