4 lb pork country-style ribs
½ cup rice vinegar
½ cup wheat-free tamari or soy sauce
2-3 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
1-2 cups water
3 bay leaves , crumbled
2 tsp whole peppercorns
4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 medium onion, sliced
¾ tsp freshly-ground black pepper
1 Tbsp of Kosher Salt
- Put water, bay leaves, peppercorns and ½ of the garlic into a microwaveable bowl and microwave on High for 4 minutes.
- Season the ribs with Salt & Pepper…
- Sear the ribs over high heat in a cast iron pan(if you have one!) or heavy pan in the coconut oil
until ribs are seared on all sides and transfer to slow cooker with juices.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 4-6 additional hours.
Serve with rice, riced cauliflower, sweet potatoes, etc….This is delicious!!!